6.28.2009

Micronesia it is!

Friday I received my official invitation to serve in the Federated States of Micronesia. When the package first arrived I was sooo excited. I tore open the envelope and read where I would be going... Then I began to research all about the islands. It seems that I will be serving in a beautiful, but challenging area. I didn't call to accept the invitation Friday afternoon, because I wanted to take the weekend to reflect and make sure that I was up for this challenge... It's now Sunday. This has been something that I've wanted to do for a long time. Ever since studying abroad, I've had the Peace Corps floating around in my head. So Monday morning I will call to accept my invitation. I will leave the first week of September to begin the "staging" or orientation process. I've began to go over mental packing lists of things that I will need to pack and things that I should leave home. I have so much.... stuff! I think it will be freeing to live a bit more simply. It will also be an amazing experience to live among a new culture. I'm looking forward to the next 27 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment