Monday Morning
Classes have started up and I’m tying to get back into the swing of things after the busy Christmas season. My 8th graders are finishing up a fairy tale unit. We read fairytale stories, wrote our own fairytale & as treat we watched Ella Enchanted (with a worksheet of course). All the teaching tips from friends and family have been used and have definitely been extremely helpful. I now use a behavior chart for my students to track their good or bad behavior.
My secondary project was and still is the school library. Right now I’m still cleaning and trying to organize the library. I am actually avoiding the inevitable cataloging as I know it will take up most of my time. I’m sure I can employ the students to help me work on this project, but it right now it feels extremely daunting, and I don’t even know where to begin.
I went for two dives this past weekend. I feel so lucky (spoiled is a better word) to be able to go
“under the sea.” Visibility was pretty low this weekend because of all the storms we’ve been having (I actually had to wear a sweater this weekend). We didn’t see any Mantas or sharks, but there were various, beautiful reef fish.
The only kink in my weekend was the massive amounts of mosquitoes that tormented me while I attended a family gathering at the beach. Although I now use all natural mosquito repellant, deet infused spray, and “Don’t Bite Me” patches-I still somehow get bit. It was really bad this weekend, with over 30 bites on one leg. I had to take an antihistamine to stop the swelling and itching: the glories of being a Peace Corps.
Starting this week I will be taking on another class, the 6th graders to teach English. I’m apprehensive on taking more work, but I know it will be worth while. Even if I’m exhausted in the morning, seeing the kids run around and laugh before school begins really wakes me up and remember why I’m here.
No comments:
Post a Comment