Hey all! I leave for Yap on Saturday! I'm excited to finally get settled. I bought some snorkel gear today in town & let me tell you about the prices! I went to buy some body lotion & it cost $12!!! Everything is extremely expensive.
I've been eating lots of rice & fish. My family makes me lots of Ramen as well. :)
I apologize I haven't been able to skype at all because it costs soo much money to use the Internet. I will try to get on next week.
Good news, I do get to wear tank tops on the island of Yap! I'm pretty stoked! So if you having any modest tank tops ship my way! :)
Glenna, just wanted to let you know that I got your e-mail and I will write you a letter this week. I already sent one to your Costa Rica address.
The photos in the previous post are of Nan Mandol (I hope I spelled that correctly) and the waterfall close to my house. I actually don't live on the beach, contrary to popular belief. I live in the "jungle" part of the island.
I did not bring any movies to watch (stupid me) so if anyone wants to send me any dvd's or even playing cards to share with my family.
Other than that, I'm just trying to get through training. Almost to phase II! I updated my contact info, so that address will be my address for the remainder of my service.
Hey kid - hope you get to your new post soon and you can let us know you are safe and well. We miss you and keep you in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteLove Mom and Lorin
I couldnt remember how to find your blog so I google searched you, creepy I know. I'd much rather read about the happenings of your life than study for class. Ill be sending some stuff your way real soon. Missing you everyday. Thanks for the letters. love you so l. -glen
ReplyDelete