9.04.2009
Staging
I arrived in Los Angeles Thursday, September 2. The flight wasn't too bad, but when I arrived I was a little late so I got onto the wrong shuttle (not the one that was provided by the hotel). The driver ended up charging me $15 to go to the hotel which was in walking distance. Not a good start, but I made it to the hotel. Staging consisted of a very brief overview of the Peace Corps and ice-breaking activities (to let the PCV's get to know one another). Now I'm in Honolulu hanging out for the day. I went with a few fellow PCV's to Waikiki beach and we stopped along the way and had some Japanese and Korean food. We took the public bus, and it only cost us around $2. We made it to the beach as the sun was setting, beautiful. I still can't believe that I'm here! Afterwards we went sat at a bar on the beach and drank a few beverages. Took the bus home and now I'm in my hotel room. Tomorrow is an early flight to Micronesia. (by the way we had to leave this morning at 5 AM to go to the hotel) so I'm going to call it a night. I will post some photos soon. A special thanks to my parents who are awesome for their encouragement as well as friends that were extremely hard to leave. I'll let you know if my address changes, and what island I end up living on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment