1.23.2012

Weekend Surprise and Getaway




My PCV friend once wrote, "I need a vacation." Her friend promptly replied, "You are on vacation, you live on a tropical island."

I decided to take a break and stay in the bungalows in Maap at Village View. However, before I left my pup (she is under a year old) had her own litter of pups. Tabbie, the troublesome dog that is constantly sick and mangy, had a brood of 4 puppies: 3 girls and 1 boy. All four came out healthy and plump.

After making a little den on the porch area for the new family, I headed out to the village, Village View that is. The hotel is located on the north-east end of the island and offers little duplex bungalows for rent.

I spent Friday relaxing and enjoying the trade winds. I built a coconut husk fire on the beach and cooked up some tasty fish. Saturday, a friend joined me and we went snorkeling in the clear waters. My friend, who I might add is from Yap, caught not one, but three fish using only his bare hands. It was quite impressive and I now know the answer to the the dinner table question, "If you were stranded on an island and could only bring one person, who would you bring?"

I headed back to Tomil and was greeted by a beautiful sunset painted across Colonia's sky. The island seemed to sigh and say, "well, wasn't that nice..."

No comments:

Post a Comment