I just want to dedicate this post to how awesome my friends & family have been through out this entire process. It's taken a lot to get me here. I know I complain and I question so much, but you all have been entirely dedicated to me being here. Words cannot express how loved and how supported I feel. There are rough days and things that happen that I wouldn't normally put up with. But then there are moments that just really make it worth while. Today I had a student tell me that I was the best teacher ever. Even though, this is silly (and even if the student didn't mean it) it really made me smile.
Right now I am teaching 8th grade English reading & writing as well as Science (and sometimes health). I will begin teaching 7th grade English & helping with the 1st and 2nd graders speaking English. I also am working in the school's library. If anyone has any great ideas on how to get elementary school reading books-let me know. The school is ready to fundraise & I'm trying to research grants.
I will post some photos of my students and the school soon!
you can ask churches back home for book donations, that usually gets a decent amount and has worked well for other PCVs. I'm a RPCV from Yap (04-07), Regina knows me :). If you need anything while you are there, let me know and I'll see what I can do for you from here. magpi37@gmail.com Enjoy the west side (I won't say where, but I know your village well, you really lucked out!).
ReplyDeleteKammagar too', ma mog ngak e sensei rom (Chigiy) kug gog e Hello! Mu athamagil ngam pi e ayuw ku girdii nu Wa'ab!
Kefel,
Megan
don't listen to a word megan says.
ReplyDeleteshawn
Shawn’s a dork.
ReplyDeleteI was able to get a lot of book donations for the library on Fais Island. A bunch came from teachers/librarians stateside who took up collections for me. I also used Darien book aid-you can request the type of material you want. Very good, but can take a while to ship.
Check out http://dba.darien.org, or email BookAid@aol.org
Have fun with your students-I miss mine.
Good luck!
Rachael, M'72